20060214

Ass-Loads of Battle!

The boys are off to win some honour for the family on Friday. So if any of you are starting up Reading Week, or are looking for some fun times in the Guelph area, come on by! It's a Battle of Epic proportions (at least compared to Stratford). Yes, you read that right: Epic. As in "Over 20th level". I have even heard that Reebus Nells himself will be in attendance. Tickets are $10, and, as the promoters gave them about half (their reputation precedes them), the Raspberries have plenty to sell.

The shit goes down at a place called Club Vinyl. It's at 52 MacDonnell St and you can email the tender young things for directions at its_not_easy_being_weez at hotmail dot com. I'm getting picked up by the fayther, but I don't think there's room in the van for any others. If you live in Stratford, talk to the boys and find out who else is going and if they have room. If you live outside and are coming home on Friday, your bus or whatever probably goes through Toronto before turning towards Stratford, and Guelph lies between them, so book a ticket to there. What will you do to sleep after the show? I dunno. Anyone not coming from Stratfod should also maybe book a seat in a car for the drive back. Or we can take a cab to my place if we get desperate enough. Creative suggestions are welcome.

COME TO THE SHOW!

4 comments:

Blake said...

Speaking of shows, are you playing with Tubring soon?

RDA is. Are you still crackin with that crowd?

Ben said...

I would go. I honestly would, Calder is a god to me. But I cannot. Therefore, I propose that someone get a photograph of me, and tape my face to a chunk of plywood. It's dance moves mimic mine absolutely, and it's conversational style follows suit.

not to mention that the plywood (as well as myself) can be effectively used as a weapon during a bar fight.

God speed, Raspberries!

Ben

MTOD said...

So, I'm listening to 'Dancing in Moosefactory' as I type this. Coincidence? I think not.

WV: phath

Maranatha said...

But are you coming on Friday?