20060726

It is Dark.............. But Also Not

To satisfy the competition:

It has been 2 months to the day since I've last posted. No doubt the evil forces at the helm of the inter-web breathed a sigh of relief when they thought I'd given up and gotten a girlfriend. I can proudl annouce that today is the day that you thought that you almost stopped this filthy rag from coming up on the first page of Google results for the search "Liam McKenna" (although, as I write this it's sitting at page 4).

So... momentus events since I last posted:

- Some idiot child smashed porcelain into the pool where I work. I got to spend 3 very cool days power-washing every available surface while we were closed. I also got to crank DJ Shadow and Kid Koala while doing so.

- Carl turned 20. We played Risk.

- I flooded the pool basement during a power out. Well... I didn't flood it. My negligence flooded it. I fixed it quickly anyway...

- Red Desperado Approach had a show. I made $100 for an hour's work. It was a really good show. Afterwards, my relationship with Arden was catapulted from "loose acquiantance" back to "regular friend". I expect this trend will continue for a few months until we lose contact for another 8-10 years.

- Super Friends Camping happened. Ben is very sore that he wasn't invited. It was a bad thing to do, but it wasn't personal. We didn't think to invite you to Super Friends Breakfast, so you weren't included in the list for the camping. As an interesting aside, when I gave Arden the bare-bones details on the camping trip she asked who went and after I gave the names she said, "And Ben?". So there. We're terrible friends. But really, who really wanted to watch me cry like a little girl for 2 hours in front of a campfire? Also the rock-climbing was unexpectedly fun.

- Another boring shit-ass week at work happened. During that time the Raspberies lost shamefully to a couple of poseur asshole bands at our local Battle. It made me mad.

- This afternoon I hung out with Arden. I have never been inside her house before. Her mom gave me steak and her dad discused his newest business venture. Arden's sister is a sweetie. After that we went to Carl's (after much mishap and nonsense) and watched Munich. It was good: Ellen was confused, Carl knew everything because he'd seen it 100000000 times already, and Arden squinted with me at the back of the room to read the subtitles.

- I still have a beard.

Yours in good taste

1 comment:

Blake said...

I slam mine fist into the table and declare with great sternness: "Never shall I be bested in a war of hot air and nonsense!"

...and unto mine own blog do I log on!

Bizz.