20060420

HEY! How is This for an Awsome Followup?

I no longer have a house for next year.
To review: I find out that 5 guys in my basement are looking for a 6th guy to be in their house with them next year. Well. Kinda. They went as a group of 5 and found a house with 5 rooms. But the landlady also told them that if they found a 6th person to rent with them that there was another room which was somewhat smaller than the others (but no smaller than the room I currently inhabit) that she could also rent. There was some crazy 4th-tear Engineer calling them every day trying to get into the house. They were bitching about that which is how I found out about the room.
Anyway, so I call the woman about a month ago. she tells me she needs first and last and a $60 deposit for utilities for the last month. Total is $830. So, I've got like $250. I call the folks and explain the situation. I tell them I'll pay em back over the summer. I also call in my longstanding debt with Blake and take $100 off what my rents need to contribute. So, armed with my newfound cash-flow, I make a date to see the house with this lady for one week into the future. The time comes and she breaks it off the day of, right before I'm going to walk out there with a couple of the guys I'm rooming with. Fine, whatever.

Yeah, good thing she broke it off, because the next day my Dad lets it be known that the check he gave me... isn't useful anymore. So I delay calling this woman back until I can get things sorted out. She already offered to let me only pay the first month and the $60 and give her the rest in September. I'd declined then, but now I figured I'd try and take her up on it. But I needed 200 more dollars first.

I didn't get them until last weekend when I was in Stratford and remembered that I had a $200 check from the Uni sitting somewhere in my mom's office. Perfect. So I just called her last night, mainly because I forgot to all week. Here's how it went:

Me: Hey, I haven't called you in a while, I'm interested in getting the sixth room at your house on Erb st.

Her: Oh, you are the one who called a couple of weeks ago, yes?

Me: Yup

Her: Well, I'm sorry, I cannot give you the room.

Me: Oh. Um, why not?

Her: Well, you see, I only have a license for 5 rooms. I would like to give this room to you, but I must use it for storage because of the laws.

So yeah. That's it. She was actively soliciting people to rent that room, even though she didn't have a license for it. So look out for shady land ladies. Now I'm going to try and get a house with a couple of girls in my program. They are my only other friends who don't have houses yet. Wish me luck, I'll see most of you soon.

10 comments:

Maranatha said...

Yeah, giving up a year of hard drinking and RTS every night in exchange for buying tampons and listening to loud sex every night. It's gonna be awsome.

Blake said...

HAHAHA

If you didn`t say it I was going to. Living with women is about as wonderful as living with chlamydia.

Plain, simple and god awful, it isn`t wonderful at all..it in fact, would suck a nut ten times bigger than the saturated nuts you would get from the tears, constant shampooings and beauty treatments any estrogen dominated housing would surely undergo.

See? Don`t get wed, either.

HurleyGirly said...

god damn you and your cheap fucking rent!

the first and last, and the deposit that I might have to lay down for the place i'm looking at is $1433!!

Fucking hell!

but that fucking blows that your place fell through. finding apartments is the most annoying thing in the world.

**Ellen

Maranatha said...

You're all fucking comedians.
Ellen, get your dad to pay your rent and shut up.
Also, come home already. It's fucking boring here.

Maranatha said...

You're right, I am an ungodly sexist pig. This is most likely the result of my inability to understand the numerous foolish things women do. You, sir, are clearly biased against "LAN party nerds", a group which you no doubt stand to benefit from learning a great deal more about and one with which the majority of my readership can probably identify.

Ben said...

I say you should give up the whole house issue and get a one room apartment.

It's a fuck of a lot cheaper and you don't need to put up with anyone else's bullshit.

christ, even an apartment with two other roomates. Chances are you will hardly ever see them, talk to them, or hear them rutting like wildebeasts. Roomates nowadays maily keep to themselves and respect each other's privacy.

And if you hear them banging like hammers, then just start masturbating really loud in the4 kitchen.


That'll shut 'em up.

Ben

Ben said...

(oh, and another note: The public library won't let me post any longer. They've disabled cookies and they've closed off access to the internet options unless you're an administrator. Which I'm not.)


Kare Kano rules.

Disagree and I'll tear your fucking skin off.

HurleyGirly said...

Although I agree with Schlong-o that living with girls would have pretty much the same downfalls and upsides as living with males. I do have to state that 'LAN nerd parties' can be fun. Maybe not all the time... but sometimes, yes, they are an uproarous fun time. I recommend that Schlong-o join us sometime.

**Ellen

Maranatha said...

Lolzors!
It's good to hear from you Tank!
I've been workin my micro over here, trying to get my friends to bone up some skills. Most of them don't even know/remember how to play AOE2.

Maranatha said...

Oh, I got 50 in chem and 73 in psych. I got 59 in Anatomy and 62 in Anatomy lab. However, I still get to stay in my program!!!